sâmbătă, 16 mai 2009

this is about a girl...

Today I thought about relationships. Everybody wants to have one. Some people want a friendly relationship, other a good relationship with their boss… And most of us want a romantic relationship, based on love.

My best friend knew her boyfriend 3 years ago. She is the really calm type, who knows what she wants, but is to shy to show it. He is the opposite: He has no idea what he wants, still he’s trying to show everybody’s wrong. Their relationship wasn’t perfect. None of them is and that’s the beauty about them.

Things went slow. First he didn’t care, than he tried to show he didn’t care, later he came to admit that he loved her. They lived in separate cities, still they travelled together and after two years they moved to Cluj together. They found this wonderful apartment, the company where the boyfriend worked was paying for everything and the location was good too. They even planed to get married. This year. In a few months actually. Until one day.

Time went by, things were planned and then the Easter came. Every holiday is supposed to be a happy time you spend with the ones you love. Except this one.

She found out, after 3 years of relationship and after planning the wedding, that her parents weren’t accepting her. She found out that her 32 years old boyfriend still depends on his parents. And that he was cheating on her since 2 years. And than, after less than a month, she was dumped.

Today I met her for coffee. She was totally changed. And she told me that I’m only living the illusion of happiness, cause one day everything comes to an end. So now I’m wondering: Is she right? Does love really last forever? And if it doesn’t, why do we even fall in love? Are we really masochists who know how painful it will be when it’s over, and still accept the pain just for a few happy romantic moments?

And then I realized: I don’t want to think about that. Just because someone’s dream ended doesn’t mean I have to kill mine. Just because one relationship failed, doesn’t mean mine will fail to. It’s about the way you are. And most importantly: It’s about communication.

And I realized one more thing: Although me and my boyfriend are still a “young couple”, I came to know more about him than my friend did after 3 years. And after hearing his voice I realized how important he is to me.

It’s not about the things you say, or plan. It’s about the things you feel and how you handle your feelings… I am happy. And I will always be, cause my friends failure taught me how to keep my feelings alive and my relationship standing…

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu